Header Ads

ACCEPTANCE SPEECH BY RT. HON OPATOLA FAITH F. UPON INAUGURATION AS SPEAKER OF NASS FUPRE




ACCEPTANCE SPEECH BY RT. HON OPATOLA FAITH F. UPON INAUGURATION AS SPEAKER OF THE 2ND LEGISLATIVE ARM OF THE SCIENCE STUDENTS HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY.
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SCIENCE STUDENTS, FUPRE CHAPTER.

The Dean of science, the staff adviser, the Patron, the Speaker of the 1st assembly, Deputy Speaker of the House, Clerk of the House and my dear Honourable colleagues.

It is with a deep sense of honour, humility, and with gratitude to God that I take the chair as Speaker of the 2nd Legislative arm of the Science Students House of Assembly of the National Association of Science Students, FUPRE Chapter.

I want to express my sincere appreciation to my colleagues, Honourable members of this House, for this confidence you have reposed in me and for this huge responsibility you have thrusted on me.

I count it as a privilege to be here on this Honourable seat today. This day, is indeed a watershed in the political annals of NASS FUPRE Chapter as it marks the beginning of another path to further consolidate on the progress so far made by the former Assembly.

As a Legislative arm of the government, we shall work closely with the executive in order to facilitate the speedy actualization of dividends of democracy to the science students and FUPRE at large. I promise to run an open door policy and solicit the support and cooperation of Honourable members in the task making laws for good governance.

I salute the unstinted commitment and service of Rt. Hon Ifejianyi Tochi, whose astuteness and pro-activeness has kept this house focused being the Speaker of the first legislative arm and his maturity in his handling of this change of baton. He has relentlessly and solidly laid the structure and foundation which I promise to work on as part of ensuring continuity and promoting good governance.

My dear colleagues, by electing me as Speaker, you have demonstrated to the world that this Honourable House has the wherewithal to resolve issues however contentious when they arise. We shall discharge our arduous mandate with the fear of God without compromising our oath of office. My Honorable Colleagues, after the euphoria of today comes the difficulties of tomorrow, so therefore I charge us to wage an unrelenting legislative war on these arising difficulties. We may be accused of falling short at the end of the day, but we will not be accused of not doing our best to reposition this Association.

I AM HERE TO SERVE; I AM HERE FOR GOOD.

Let me once again thank the Almighty God and my Honorable colleagues for this honor and privilege to serve. The onerous task of governance begins.

GOD BLESS NASS!! GOD BLESS FUPRE!! GOD BLESS THE 2ND ASSEMBLY.

No comments